A quick tutorial where you will learn how to install Google Maps on Fire Phone (without rooting your phone) in a few minutes
Does Google Maps app work on Fire Phone? Yes, it does. What’s more, the whole process of getting it on your Fire Phone is quite simple and can be done with success even by beginner users.
You don’t need to root your device to make it work.
Whether we like Google or not, we DO need Google apps on our phones, including on our Fire Phone. Installing Google Maps on Fire phone is very simple and straightforward.
All you need to do is side-load it to your phone and you will be using the most popular maps on your Amazon phone. Let’s get started.
UPDATE: I have found Google Maps app on the Amazon Appstore for Android.
Allow installation of non-Amazon apps to be able to install Google Maps on Fire Phone
For security purposes, Amazon by default does not allow installing apps outside of the Amazon Appstore (just the way Google does not allow for installing apps outside of Google Play).
That’s why you need to change that setting at first if you haven’t done this before.
In this first step, you need to go to the Settings > Applications & Parental Controls > Allow non-Amazon app installation.
Take a look at the screenshot below to see how to do it:
Click on Allow non-Amazon app installation and make sure it’s OK. Click OK to dismiss the warning.
Download Google Maps APK To Your Computer/Phone
What you need to do know is download the APK file with Google Maps. You can either download it to your desktop computer or directly to your Fire Phone.
Read full tutorial of how to sideload apps to Fire Phone: How to sideload apps for Fire Phone
It’s totally up to you how you choose to sideload this app to your Fire Phone. Below I am showing you how to install it to your computer and then sideload it to your Fire Phone.
- Go to the APKMirror (the website which lets you download various versions of thousands of apps as APK files to your computer) and download Google Maps. The newer version you install, the better. Alternatively, you can download the exact same version of Google Maps I have on my Fire Phone.
- Connect your Fire phone to your computer via the USB cable to access its storage. Copy the downloaded file to your Fire Phone (you may create a special folder and name it APK, for example).
Install Google Maps On Fire Phone
We are almost done here. All you need to do right now is:
- Install File Manager on your Fire phone to be able to access and open the file with Google Maps you have just copied. Take a look at the screenshot below:
- Open the Google Maps APK file and follow the installation instructions (like shown in the screenshot below).
Enjoy Google Maps On Your Fire Phone
Google Maps have been installed on your Fire Phone, so we can now open the app and see if it works.
- When you open Google Maps for the fist time on your Fire phone, skip the sign in. Otherwise, install Google Play on your Fire phone at first.
- That’s all you need to do. You can now enjoy using Google Maps on your Fire phone.
Similar tutorials you might like: