A List Of Top Apps For Fire Phone
The truth is that most smart phone owners use not more than 20-30 apps on their devices. These 20-30 apps are usually the most useful apps and a few favorite games.
For most of us (except for geeks like me) a smart phone’s aim is to facilitate our life and let us be more productive.
With that in mind, I decided to create a list of 9 must have apps for your Fire phone. I selected the apps using many different criteria like usefulness, price, quality, security, or availability.
Most of the apps you will find here are my personal favorites which really make my life easier and more fun. Some are here thanks to your suggestions and recommendations (which I love to hear). Let’s start!
Important Information About These Must Have Apps For Fire Phone
There are a few things you need to know before we move on to the apps:
- Android Apps. Almost all of the Fire phone apps you can find in the Amazon Appstore are Android apps which will work on most of Android phones. That’s because Fire OS is in fact a slight modification of Android.> However, remember that it works only one way round, so not all Google Play apps (especially Googlewares like Gmail or Chrome) will run on your Fire phone.
- Price. The prices I give you are only approximate (that’s the price of the app at the moment of writing this article) and are subject to change without any notice. There are other variables that can influence the price of the app for you (e.g. your location or whether you are a Prime member).
- Free Apps & Ads. Most of the free games and apps display ads. To get rid of ads you can either buy a premium version of the app without ads or turn off the WiFi and Mobile Data on your Fire phone.
- Help Me Improve. I made my best to keep the descriptions of apps short, to-the-point and practical. All of the screenshots and videos come from my Fire phone. If you have any suggestions, feel free to contact me.
If you like some app , click either on its name or icon and you will go to Amazon where you will be able to download it straight to your Fire phone.
Alarm Clock Xtreme
If you are a heavy sleeper, you are going to love this app. Alarm ClockXtreme is designed for all those (including me) who have trouble getting up quickly, because they snooze the alarm one time after another (until they oversleep).
How many times have you done that? I can say I had been an expert at snoozing my alarm clock until I started using this app.
What makes this app so effective is the number of customizations available to suit your needs. Some of its main features include:
- Music alarm (you choose what songs will wake you up)
- Increasing volume of alarm to wake you up gently
- Set the snooze duration and a maximum number of snoozes
- Solve math problems to snooze or disable alarm
- Auto-snooze and auto-dismiss
- Download Alarm Clock Xtreme Free (with ads) from Amazon for $0.00
- Download Alarm Clock Xtreme from Amazon for $1.99
Textra is probably the best alternative text messaging app for Fire phone (I talk about Fire phone text messaging here if you want learn more).
If you want to have emojis and way more settings & customizations (unavailable in the default Fire phone text messaging app), then Textra is the app for you. It is very simple & lightweight, and gives you all the customizations you miss when using the stock text messaging app on your Fire phone. To name just a few:
- Emoticons (read Emoticons On Fire Phone to learn more)
- Changing colors, font sizes, notifications
- Delivery reports for text messages and MMS messages
This is certainly one of the must-have apps for Fire phone and Android phones (I use it on all of my Android devices too).
As the name suggests, Easy Uninstaller lets you quickly and easily uninstall any app or game you previously installed (but it won’t uninstall stock apps).
All you have to do is open it, tick the apps to uninstall, hit Uninstall and the selected apps will be removed from your Fire.
- Download Easy Uninstaller (with ads) for $0.00 from Amazon
- Download Easy Uninstaller Pro for $1.49 from Amazon
This is another must-have app for Fire phone you and your Fire cannot really do without. Battery Doctor is a professional battery saver that lets you significantly improve the battery life of your device.
Here’s what you get from it in a nutshell:
- It displays an estimated time of usage left (as well as time left for different activities like listening to music or browsing the web).
- It provides lots of power-saving tips.
- It lets you optimize your Fire phone (by changing settings or killing unused apps) to extend its battery life.
Even though Fire OS is Android-based, it differs from standard Android a lot. As you know Fire phone doesn’t have a back button and you cannot view the list of recently opened apps to close them with one tap (like you can in Android phone).
Fortunately, you have Fast Reboot app which lets you close and restart your phone’s applications and free up memory for better performance.
All you need to do is install the app and click on its icon whenever you need to restart applications and boost your phone.
There are really many note apps available on Amazon Appstore for Android, but this one is by far my favorite one.
Notebooks lets you create multiple notebooks (and customize their covers, titles, number of pages and page styles) to easily group your notes into different subjects and categories.
It’s very simple, easy to use and intuitive. I really cannot imagine a better app for notes! Some of its main features include:
- Possibility of password protecting your notes
- Searching notes
- Attaching image files or bookmarking a web page
- Adding your hand drawing
- Exporting notes to a PDF file with image attachments
Clean Master Phone Boost
This is yet another must-have app for Fire phone when it comes to improving security, privacy and performance.
Clean Master Phone Boost is the most popular and the best optimization app that takes care of the above three aspect of your Fire phone offering you the following features:
- Junk files cleaning (analyzing residual files and cache to free up storage in real time)
- Anti-virus (possibility of scanning apps and cleaning call logs, SMS/MMS messages)
- Memory boost (killing bad apps which make your device overheat or crash)
- App manager (uninstalling or disabling preinstalled app, backing up apps)
ES File Explorer
Unfortunately, Fire phone doesn’t have any built-in file manager or file explorer. However, ES File Explorer plays this role perfectly.
If you manually copy files (like music or apps from different app stores) to your Fire (by connecting your Fire phone to your desktop computer), you will be able to easily access them with this app.
ES Fire Explorer lets you cut, copy, delete, rename, search and manage your Fire phone’s files and folders. Within the app itself, you also have a wide range of customizations like different themes, layout settings, sorting files, and more.
I cannot image my life without this app! 🙂
Last but not least, Weather Bug also deserves to be called a must-have app for Fire phone (and Android phones too). I have been using this app for many years (on my Android devices and now on Fire phone).
In essence, Weather Bug is a comprehensive weather app that gives you all the necessary weather information about your location or any other location you are interested. Some of its most prominent features include:
- Lighting proximity alerts
- Real-time, extended and hourly weather forecast for more than 2 million locations
- Severe Weather Alerts
- Extended 10-day forecast
- Live weather and traffic camps
Do You Know Any Other Must Have Apps For Fire Phone?
This is my list of my favorite apps I love and use every day. How about you? Do you like these apps? Do you use any other apps on a daily basis?
What other top apps for Fire phone do you know?
Let me know what you think. I would love to hear from you.