In This Short Tutorial, You Will Learn All About The Fire Phone Calendar & Discover An Alternative Calendar App
Do you still use a paperback calendar? If you do, it’s time for a change. Fire phone offers you an extra simple and practical calendar app that will let you easily plan your life and meet all the deadlines.
Let me show you what it is all about and how to use it. If you somehow don’t like the Fire phone calendar app, I will also show you a great (and more advanced) alternative. Ready to start? 🙂
Amazon Fire Phone Calendar: Simplicity
The calendar app in your Fire phone (just like many other default apps, such as, messaging) is extremely simple. It offers only basic features and functions. Once you open the Fire phone calendar app, you can switch between the three views (List, Day, and Month).
In the Month view, you will see the whole month. The current day will be orange and all the days that have some event or to-do will be underlined.
In the List view, you will see the list of all the upcoming events. Once you tap on the event, you will see more details, and you will be able to either delete or edit it.
In the Day view, you will see the list of all the events for today. Once you tap on the event, you will see more details, and you will be able to either delete or edit it.
If you are in the Month view and you rotate your Fire phone, it will change into the five-day view.
Adding New Events To Your Fire Phone Calendar
Adding new events to your schedule on Fire phone is also extremely easy. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open the calendar app and tap on the +New icon.
2. Enter all the necessary event details (title, start time, end time, repeat, reminders, location, and so on). You can also choose which account you want to associate with the event with (Amazon Cloud Calendar or other account like Gmail).
3. You can also easily set the event time frames.
4. When the event date or time is approaching, you will see its notification in the Quick Actions panel.
That’s all pretty much everything you need to know about the default calendar app in your Fire phone.
Business Calendar: A More Advanced Alternative
If you don’t like the default Fire phone’s app simplicity and ease of use, you can choose a different calendar app. There are really tons of such apps in the Amazon Appstore.
I recommend using Business Calendar. The app comes in a free (ad-supported) and paid version ($4.99).
Apart from the basic functionality the default Fire phone calendar app has, this app also offers:
- Possibility of syncing with any other calendar (including the Amazon Cloud Calendar)
- Search function
- Graphical and textual presentation of events
- Smooth scroll and zoom
- Color-coded year view
- Many options for recurrent events
- Drag&drop mode to copy and move events (in the paid version)
- Possibility of linking a contact to an event (in the paid version)
- Different font sizes (in the paid version)
- Additional themes (in the paid version)
- Possibility of creating themes (in the paid version)
- Option to create templates (in the paid version)
- Multi-selection mode (in the paid version)
If you want to have a more advanced calendar that will depend on the stock calendar (in this case the Fire phone default calendar), Business Calendar will be a good option for you. I suggest installing at first its free version to see if you really like it and it suits your needs.
Other Tutorials You Might Like: