How To Clear History On Amazon Fire Phone… So That No “Fingerprints” Are Left
In this short tutorial, I will show you how to clear history on your Fire phone (browser history, call logs and messages) in a few simple and easy steps.
Do you want to protect yourself and your privacy from prying eyes?Are you afraid of someone browsing your call logs, SMS messages or browser history?
You don’t have to worry any longer! I will show you how you can delete history in your Fire phone in several extremely simple ways. Ready to start? 🙂
How To Manually Clear History On Fire Phone
Unfortunately, it isn’t very obvious (especially for new Fire users) how to clear or delete history on Fire phone. Even though its OS is based on Android, Fire OS differs from it a a lot. That’s why operating a Fire phone is a bit different than operating an Android phone.
The main difference is that almost all of the settings (both basic and additional) cannot be accessed from the level of the app (e.g. you cannot change settings of the text messaging app from this app).
If you want to access more detailed settings, you have to go to Settings > Applications > Manage the settings for individual Amazon applications on your phone and then choose the app you want to customize (like text messaging or web browser).
Normally (in Android phones), you would go to Messages or Call Log, click on an item and choose of the several options available. Yes, you can manually delete one item (like one call or message) on Fire phone, but there is no way of manually clearing all calls or all messages from the level of the app.
Fortunately, I came up with at least several ways of clearing history on Fire phone with once click (even though it took me some time to research it deeply). O.K., let’s check them out!
How To Clear Web History On Fire Phone
Once you open the default Fire phone browser (Silk Browser), all you can do is basically browse web pages and add bookmarks (these are all the settings available from the level of the app).
There is no option of deleting browser history from this place.
That’s why you need to access Silk app settings to clear its history. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to Settings > Applications > Manage the settings for individual Amazon applications on your phone (you can see it on the screeshot at the beginning of this article) and then choose Silk.
- Choose Your Data and then Clear Browser Data.
Here you can also adjust other settings like cookies, remembering passwords and form data. That’s it! Now, let’s move to the next point.
How To Clear Call History On Fire Phone
You can clear call history on Fire phone in basically two ways.
Manually Clear Call History On Fire Phone
Unfortunately, you cannot clear the whole call history with one click on your Fire phone. All you can do is individually delete every single call.
To do that go to Phone > History and hold the chosen call for a few seconds. You will see the “Delete Call” option.
I have no idea why you cannot do this for all of your calls with one click. But don’t worry.
Use A Custom App
You can do it with the help of a simple app called CCleaner (click on the link or its image to download and install the app to your Fire phone).
Here’s what you have to do to clear call history with CCleaner:
- Open the app and tap analyze. Within a few seconds you will see a list of items you can clean. CCleaner really gives you a lot of possibilities like cleaning cache, browser history, downloaded files, CALL LOGS, SMS messages and more.
- To clear call history on your Fire phone, tick Call Logs (you can also specify if you want to clean incoming, outgoing or missed calls and from what period of time) and tap CLEAN. That’s it!
You call log history has been cleared.
How To Clear Messages On Fire Phone
Here you also have to options at hand.
Manually Delete Messages On Fire Phone
Here the situation is similar to call logs. You can manually delete specific messages or conversations by holding them for a few seconds and, when a popup appears, choosing Delete.
Unfortunately, you cannot delete all of your messages at once form the text messaging app. Neither can you do this in the messaging app’s settings. However, there are at least two other ways in which you can do that.
Use A Custom Text Messaging App
In article Fire Phone Text Messaging, I recommend using a custom text messaging app if you want to have more settings and adjustments available for your Fire phone text messaging app.
There aren’t many alternative text messaging apps available for Fire phone (the most popular one, GO SMS Pro, is missing), but Textra, one of the best ones for me, is on Amazon Appstore.
Textra is probably the best alternative text messaging app for Fire phone. It offers all the features that the default messaging app is missing and is free.
Here’s what you have to do to delete messages from your Fire phone using Textra:
- Just hold one conversation for a few seconds and you will be able to tick all or some of conversations and then multiple delete them.
Use CCleaner App
Alternatively, if you want to delete all of your messages within one click, you can use the above-mentioned app CCleaner. Here is how you delete messages using CCleaner:
- Open CCleaner, tap Analyze and then tick SMS and choose which text messages and from what period you want to multiple-delete.
- Next, click CLEAN and the messages will be deleted.
That’s it! You’ve just learned how to clear history on your Fire phone easily and quickly.
Do you want to discover even more tips and tricks? Check out these articles & tutorials:
- How To Clear Call History On Fire Phone
- How To Transfer Files To Fire Phone (NEW!)
- Fire Phone: How To Close And Manage Apps (NEW!)
- Fire Phone Calendar App
- How To Turn Fire Phone Into Android Phone (NEW!)
- How To Sideload Apps To Fire Phone (NEW!)
- How To Get Snapchat For Fire Phone
- Firefox For Fire Phone (NEW!)
- How To Load Contacts To Fire Phone From Android Phone (NEW!)