In This Mini Guide You Will Learn How To Manage & Close Apps On Your Fire Phone.
As you probably know, Fire OS is a slight modification of Android OS, which means that at the core level Fire phone works similarly to a standard Android phone.
Just like with Android phones, you should effectively manage apps on your Fire to ensure its best performance. Fortunately, that’s extremely easy. All you need to do is follow the steps below. Let’s start.
Manage & Close Apps With Quick Switch
With its update to Fire OS 3.6.5, Fire phone users’ got the capacity to easily manage and close apps. This is the feature we all know from Android phones.
Your Fire phone probably automatically updated to this or now even higher version. If you are not sure if your Fire is up to date (or this feature doesn’t work on your phone), read this tutorial at first: Fire Phone Update.
Here’s how you enable Quick Switch:
- Double tap the home button. You will see the screen like the one below.
- Slide left and right to switch between the most recent apps. Slide up to close the app (remove it from the list).
TIP: Quick Switch shows you the list of apps from the most recent to the least recent ones (it works similarly to the carousel). It doesn’t show only the apps now running in the background, but all the apps installed on your Fire.
Even if you closed some app, it will still show here as the app you’ve used recently. It makes switching between apps quick and easy, but if you want to kill & close apps, you will need one of the apps I talk about below.
Restart All The Apps With Fast Reboot
If some app is misbehaving or you don’t know how to close it, you can use a special app for it. I strongly recommend installing and using Fast Reboot.
The app does in fact two things:
- It lets you close and restart all of your Fire phone’s apps.
- It frees up RAM and thus improves your Fire phone’s speed and performance.
All you have to do is download and install Fast Reboot from the Amazon Appsotre. The app will then appear in the app grid. Just tap on it to close and restart all the apps. You will see the screen like the one below.
Advanced App Management With Clean Master
You can also effectively manage apps on Fire phone using Clean Master Phone Boost (click to download it from Amazon), a brilliant free app that lets you do so much. Clean Master Phone Boost offers you four main features: Junk files cleaning, Anti-virus, Memory boost, and App manager.
App Manager, Junk Files Cleaning and Memory Boost are the features we are most interested in here. Here’s what they let you do in more detail:
- Junk Files Cleaning lets you analyze residual files and cache to free up storage in real time. You will be surprised at how much space you can free up with this feature and how it actually boosts your Fire phone.
- Memory Boost lets you release RAM and close the running apps that are unnecessarily consuming your Fire phone’s memory and resources. Device Cooler lets you cool down your device by killing apps that may overheat it.
- App Manager offers you advanced app management options like: uninstalling and backing up apps, browsing app picks for your Fire phone, and managing APK files on your Fire (e.g. installing the apps you manually moved to your Fire phone).
Other Tutorials You Might Like:
- How To Transfer Files To Fire Phone
- How To Update Fire Phone
- How To Get Firefox Browser For Fire Phone
- How To Load Contacts To Fire Phone Form Another Phone
- How To Turn Fire Phone Into Android Phone
- How To Sideload Apps To Fire Phone