How To Get Firefox Browser For Fire Phone
Are you a fan of Firefox and want to have it on your Fire phone? No problem!
In this extra short tutorial, I will show you step by step how to get Firefox for Fire phone.
Install An Alternative App Store
As you probably noticed, Firefox (just like Google Chrome and many other Android apps) is not available in the Amazon Appstore on your Fire phone.
The easiest way to access most of the apps unavailable in the Amazon Appstore is to install an alternative appstore. I strongly recommend installing Mobogenie.
All you have to do is go to the Mobogenie website and click Download Pro for Android. The APK file will download to your computer.
Here is how you install Mobogenie:
1. Transfer the file to your Fire phone. The easiest way to do it is by connecting your Fire to the PC and manually transferring the APK file. You can read more about sideloading apps to Fire phone here.
2. Download or install some app manager. I recommend ES File Explorer.
3. Open ES File Explorer and navigate to the folder where you copied the APK file.
4. Open the file and install Mobogenie. Make sure that you have the option “Allow installation of apps not from Amazon” turned on (Go to Settings > Applications > Allow instalation of apps not from Amazon).
Now let’s search for and install Firefox on your Fire phone.
Install Firefox On Fire Phone
Now that you have an alternative appstore on your Fire phone it’s extremely easy to install Firefox. All you have to do:
`1. Type “Firefox” in the search field and click on the first result. Click on FREE. The app will download and install.
2. Now you can find Firefox in the app grid.
3. Open it and enjoy using your favorite browser on your Fire phone.
TIP: If you are a fan of Google Chrome, I have great news for you. You can get Google Chrome for Fire phone the same way. Just follow all of the instructions above and type “Chrome” instead of “Firefox” in Mobogenie.
Articles That May Interest You: