In This Short Tutorial You Will Learn How To Transfer Contacts From Your Old Phone To Your Fire Phone
Are you a new Fire phone owner? Do you want to easily transfer your stuff to your Fire from your previous device? No problem! It’s all very easy.
All you need to do is follow the instructions below. I will show you how to do it using a popular Android app (Contact Backup & Restore).
What To Do If Amazon Transfer Assist Doesn’t Work For You
On its website, Amazon tells you how you can easily transfer your stuff to Fire phone using Amazon Transfer Assist app (available both in Google Play and the Amazon Appstore). Unfortunately, the app is available only for those who use their Fire phone in the US. If you live in the US, you can follow their instructions and tell me how it went.
If you don’t live in the United States, the app won’t appear in the app store (neither Google Play nor the Amazon Appstore) at all. If you somehow manage to make it appear (by, for example, using an alternative app store that will forward you to its link to Google Play like I did), it will still say “this item isn’t available in your country” and you won’t be able to download and install it.
Luckily, there are at least several other apps that will let you easily and quickly transfer your stuff from your previous phone to Fire phone. Of course, there are some ways to bypass it (e.g. you can use a proxy from your PC to download the app and then manually install it), but I think it’s much easier to simply use a different app with no restrictions.
Load Contacts To Fire Phone Using Super Backup: SMS & Contacts
I’ve tested many different backup apps and this one is by far the best. Super Backup: SMS & Contacts isn’t available in the Amazon Appstore, but you can easily sideload it to your Fire using a different app store (more to read on: How To Sideload Apps To Fire Phone).
All you need to do is:
- Download and install an alternative app store (I recommend Mobogenie) on your Fire phone. You have to do this because Super Backup: SMS & Contacts is not available on the Amazon Appstore.
- Install Super Backup: SMS & Contacts both on your old phone and your Fire phone. On your old phone (if it’s an Android phone), you can download the app using Google Play. To install it on Fire phone, use Mobogenie. Open the app on your old phone and go to Contacts Backup > Backup and click OK. The app will ask you if you want to send this backup to the cloud. Click Send to send the file via e-mail, add it to some cloud storage (e.g. Dropbox) or send it via Bluetooth.
- Now you have to transfer this file to your Fire phone. I recommend sending the file via e-mail to your e-mail box and then transferring it manually to your Fire. Open the folder where the backed up file is located and connect your Fire to your PC. Transfer the contacts file (the file with .vcf extension) to your Fire (create some folder named, for example, Backup).
- Open Backup: SMS & Contacts on your Fire phone and go to Contacts Backup > Restore and navigate to the folder where you copied the file. Click on the file and your contacts will be restored.
- Congratulations! You’ve successfully transferred contacts to your Fire phone. As you can see, you can also transfer SMS messages, Apps, Call Logs, Calendar and Bookmarks this way.