Let’s Locate & Briefly Describe All The Fire Phone Buttons
Your Fire phone has five physical buttons. Their functions may seem obvious, but are they really? Do you really know what each can and cannot do?
In this short tutorial I will show you each Fire phone button and briefly describe its functions.
Five Fire Phone Buttons
Your Fire phone has the following five physical buttons: Power, Volume Up, Volume Down, Camera/Firefly, and Home. Let’s explore each one!
As you can see, this is the power button on your Fire phone. It’s located on the top left edge of your Fire next to the speaker.
The power button on your Fire phone has basically five major functions:
- TURN OFF/ON. The power button lets you turn on and off your Fire phone. To turn your Fire on, press and hold the power button for 2-3 seconds. To turn your Fire off, press and hold the power button and then tap Power off.
- LOCK. The power button also lets you lock your device once you stop using it. To lock your Fire phone, simply press the power button when you finish using your device.
- WAKE UP. To wake up your phone, simply press the home button and you will see the lock screen.
- RESTART. The power button also lets you restart your Fire phone. To do that, simply press and hold the power button for 2-3 seconds and then tap Restart.
- RESTART WHEN FROZEN. The power button will also help you unfreeze your Fire phone once it becomes unresponsive. To do that, press and hold the power button for 8-10 seconds and when your Fire shuts down, turn it off normally.
Volume Up/Volume Down
These buttons are located on the upper left edge of your Fire phone just above the Firefly button.
The volume up/volume down buttons have basically two functions.
- INCREASE THE VOLUME. Press the volume up button to increase the volume by one level.
- DECREASE THE VOLUME. Press the volume down button to decrease the volume by one level.
The camera button is located on the upper left edge of your Fire phone just under the volume down button.
The camera/Firefly button has basically two functions:
- LAUNCH CAMERA. The camera button lets you quickly launch camera even if your Fire phone is locked. It’s an extremely useful feature. All you need to do is press the camera button and the camera will be launched.
- LAUNCH FIREFLY. The camera button also lets you quickly launch Firefly to identify objects and act upon them. To do that press and hold the camera button for a few seconds.
This is without doubt one of the most important Fire phone buttons (as there is no back button). Home button is located in the center just below the screen.
The Fire phone home button has three major functions:
- RETURN HOME. The home button lets you return to the home screen at any time (e.g. when you are using some app). All you need to do is press it and you will return to the home screen.
- TOGGLE. The home button also lets you toggle between the carousel and the app grid view. If you press it when you are in the app grid, you will go to the carousel. When you press it when you are in the carousel view, you will go to the app grid.
- VOICE CONTROL. The home button lets you use the Voice Control to make a call, send an e-mail or a text message. To launch Voice Control, press and hold the home button for a few seconds.