How To Perform A Factory Reset Of Your Fire Phone
There are two situations when you need to perform a factory reset of your Fire phone: you are either selling your Fire (and you want to wipe all of its data) or it’s misbehaving (e.g. due to some infected app).
In this extra short tutorial I will tell you how to do it step by step. Let’s start!
Back Up Your Fire Phone First
Unless you’re selling your Fire, the first thing you want to do is back it up because performing a factory reset will remove all the data and content stored on it. To back up your Fire phone:
1. Go to Settings > Device > Manage backup settings or simply type “backup” in the search bar when you are in Settings.
2. Make sure that Device Backup is set to ON.
3. Click on Back Up Now to back up your Fire phone immediately. If you don’t do it, your Fire will back up once a day when it’s connected to Wi-Fi and on standby. You will also have the option to back your Fire up right before performing a factory reset.
Remember To Back Up Other Files Too
All your photos are automatically backed up and stored in the cloud (you have unlimited free storage for the photos taken with your Fire phone), so you don’t have to manually back them up.
Of course, cloud backup works only is your Fire phone is registered (e.g. associated with your Amazon account).
In the case of other files you manually transferred to your Fire (e.g. mp3 files), you have to manually back them up. To do that:
- Simply copy all of these files to your computer and then back to your Fire (once you’ve performed a factory reset).
More to read on: How To Transfer Files To Fire Phone
Restore Factory Settings To Your Fire Phone
When you backed up your Fire phone, it’s time to perform a factory rest. To do that:
1.Go to Settings > Device > Factory reset your Fire.
Your Fire phone will be restored to factory settings. To restore all of your previous settings, simply register your Fire phone (more to read on: How To Register Fire Phone).
That’s it. You’ve successfully performed a factory reset of your Fire phone.
Other Tutorials You Might Be Interested In:
- Fire Phone Buttons
- Fire Phone Ringtones
- Fire Phone Quick Actions And Notifications
- Fire Phone One-Handed Shortcuts