How To Set Up And Use Parental Controls In Fire Phone
Do you want to be able to control how your kids use your Fire phone? Thanks to parental controls, you can restrict access to certain features, apps, or content on your Fire and protect yourself from unwanted purchases.
In this short tutorial I will show you how to set up parental controls on your Fire phone. It’s all extremely easy. Let’s begin!
Why Use Parental Controls?
This feature is designed for everyone who wants to let his or her kids use Fire phone and … sleep peacefully.
Parental Controls let you restrict access to features, such as, web browser, email & calendars, social sharing, camera, wallet or password protect purchases, Wi-Fi, location services, and mobile network.
If your kid likes to play with your Fire, you really need this tutorial!
Setting Up Parental Controls
Here is how you set up parental controls in your Fire phone:
- Swivel your wrist to access Quick Actions & Notifications (learn more on: Fire Phone Quick Actions Panel).
- Go to Settings > Applications & Parental Controls.
- Choose Enable Parental Controls (if you already have this feature enabled, you will see Disable Parental Controls instead).
Before you enable Parental Controls, you have to set your Parental Controls password. Once you enable Parental Controls, you will have several options available:
- You can block content. i.e. access to web browser, email, calendar, social sharing, wallet, and camera. When some item is blocked you will see a black square next to it saying Blocked. If access to some feature isn’t blocked, you will see a white square saying Unblocked.
- You can also block specific content types like newsstand, books, audiobooks, docs, apps, games and photos. Blocking and unblocking them is the same as blocking items described above.
- You can also enable password protection for using specific features like purchases, Wi-Fi, location services or mobile network.
Once Parental Controls are enabled, you will not be able to use a certain feature unless you unblock it or disable Parental Controls.
Other Tutorials You Will Like:
- How To Change Wallpaper In Fire Phone
- Fire Phone How To Go Back
- Fire Phone Keyboard
- Fire Phone One-Handed Shortcuts