How To Use The Fire Phone Quick Switch To Switch Between And Close Apps
When I bought my Fire phone in August 2014 I was amazed to discover that I couldn’t switch between recent or close recent apps. It was always one of the most often used features for me in my Android devices, but I didn’t have it in my Fire phone.
I installed some special apps like Clean Master what would let me clean temporary files and recently used apps, but this very feature was still missing.
Fortunately, 3.5.1 update to Fire OS brought the Quick Switch feature to Fire phone! In this extra short tutorial I will show you how to use the Fire phone quick switch to manage and close recent apps.
Make Sure Your Fire Phone Is Up-To-Date
Even though Fire phone by default automatically checks for updates and downloads them, it’s a good idea to check if your Fire OS is up to date.
To do that, go to Settings > Device > Install system updates.
The latest software versions for Fire phone are:
- Fire OS 3.6.5 (for Fire phone from AT&T)
- Fire OS 3.6.8 (for unlocked Fire phone).
More to read on: Fire Phone Update
How To Use The Fire Phone Quick Switch
Using the Quick Switch is extremely easy! To quickly switch between recently opened apps or close them:
- Press the home button twice, and the Quick Switch will open. This is the list of the apps running in the background.
- To navigate or open the recent app or item, simply tap on it.
- To dismiss the recent app, simply swipe up on it (take a look at the screenshot above).
Remember that dismissing an app doesn’t remove it from your Fire phone. You simply remove it from the list of the recent apps. However, by limiting the number of apps running in the background, you save battery life.
Other Tutorials You Might Like: