How To Connect Fire Phone To Wi-Fi
Connecting your Fire to a mobile network may result in additional charges. What’ s more, mobile networks aren’t always very fast.
With Wi-Fi, you can stream, buy or download stuff from the Cloud as well as sync to receive items without any limitations. You wouldn’t be able to make the most of your Fire phone without using a Wi-Fi network (i.e. the “live” Internet).
Fortunately, connecting your Fire to a Wi-Fi network is extremely easy (both automatically and manually). Let me show you how to do it!
Connect Fire Phone To Wi-Fi
Your Fire phone will automatically detect available Wi-Fi networks (and hotspots) which display their network name. You probably noticed that some Wi-Fi networks are open and some are closed (secured). Everyone can join an open network while secured networks require a password.
It’s not recommended to connect to the unknown open networks (or open networks in general), because the data you send over them isn’t protected at all. It means that everyone can read and use them (keep that in mind).
To connect your Fire phone to a Wi-Fi network:
- Open the Quick Actions panel (either swipe down from the top of the screen or swivel your Fire).
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi icon in the panel and tap On. In a few seconds you will see the list of the available networks.
- Choose the Wi-Fi network you want to connect your Fire to. If it’s secured, enter its password.
If you click on the network you are currently connected to, you will see its details like signal strength, status, link speed, type of security, and IP address.
Once you connect your Fire to a Wi-Fi network, it will remember it and automatically connect to it when it’s in range.
How To Add A Wi-Fi Network Manually
You can also manually add a Wi-Fi network if, for example, you don’t see it in the list of available networks. Here’s how you do that:
- Open the Quick Actions panel (swivel your wrist or swipe down from the top of the screen).
- Tap and hold the Wi-Fi icon. Tap On.
- Tap Add Network. Enter network details like SSID or security type.
- You can also add advanced settings like proxy settings or IP settings. To do that, click on Show Advanced Options.
- Tap OK.
From now on your Fire phone will connect to this network when it’s in range. If you don’t want to use this network or connect to it again, tap Forget This Network.
Other Tutorials You Will Like: