A quick tutorial of how to install WhatsApp on Fire Phone.
As a Fire Phone user, you probably know that the biggest disadvantage of Fire Phone is the fact that it lacks many popular apps, such as, Google apps (including Google Maps or Gmail).
WhatsApp isn’t even available in the Amazon Appstore for Android, so the only way to get it on your Fire Phone is to sideload it.
Fortunately, this is a very quick and straightforward process which you can complete in a few minutes.
Allow installation of non-Amazon apps to install WhatsApp on Fire Phone
To make your device more secure, a normal user isn’t allowed to install non-Amazon apps on Fire Phone by default.
That’s why you have to change that setting at first if you want to sideload apps to your Fire.
Go to the Settings > Applications & Parental Controls > Allow non-Amazon app installation.
Take a look at this screenshot:
Click on Allow non-Amazon app installation. Then click OK.
Download The WhatsApp APK To Your Computer/Fire Phone
When you allow the installation of non-Amazon apps on your Fire Phone, you can download WhatsApp Messenger to your computer or Fire Phone directly.
Below I am showing how to install & download WhatsApp to your computer and then transfer it to your Fire Phone.
- Go to the APKMirror to download the WhatsApp APK file.
- Connect your Fire to your computer (with the USB cable). Transfer the downloaded APK file to your Fire Phone.
Install WhatsApp Messenger On Fire Phone
We have almost finished. Here is what you need to do now:
- Download and install app File Manager on your Fire Phone so that you can access and open the WhatsApp APK file on your Fire phone.
- Open the WhatsApp APK file and follow the instructions on the screen:
Enjoy WhatsApp On Your Fire Phone
Congrats. You have just successfully installed WhatsApp on your Fire Phone. You can now open it to make sure that it works correctly. You should see the screenshot like the one below:
I hope this tutorial was helpful to you. If it was, you can share it with your friends to help spread the word.
Similar tutorials you might be interested in:
- How To Install Google Play On Fire Phone
- How To Install Instagram On Fire Phone (NEW)
- How To Install Snapchat On Fire Phone
- How To Install Google Chrome On Fire Phone
- How To Install YouTube On Fire Phone
- How To Install Adobe Flash Player On Fire Phone (NEW)
- How To Install Google Maps On Fire Phone (NEW)