Review Of AmazonBasics Capacitive Stylus For Fire Phone: Your Fire Phone Deserves It
Fire phone is by default designed to be operated with your fingers, and I didn’t encounter any serious problems with it. Its screen is very responsive and quick.
However, sometimes our fingers may be too big (for some small object on the screen) or leave too many smudges (if we are all wet after a workout). You will also have problems operating your Fire phone if you are wearing gloves. These are the situations where you might need a stylus pen to help you.
There are really hundreds of different stylus pens for Fire phone available on Amazon. Only one of them deserves a recommendation, though.
Let’s discover and explore AmazonBasics Capacitive Stylus for Fire Phone.
The AmazonBasics Multi-Tip Stylus is a stylus pen for Fire phone, Kindle Fire tablets and, basically, any touch screen device.
The stylus replaces finger-touching with tree different tips. Its coated tips are of different sizes (5mm, 6mm, 7mm) so that you can choose the best one for texting, playing games, writing, or using apps. You have one tip on each end of the stylus, and the third tip is on the cap.
You should use this stylus if you want to keep your Fire phone screen free of smudges and skin oil. People with large fingers, long nails or wearing gloves will especially like and appreciate this accessory. It’s supposed to help you in speed and accuracy of operating your Fire phone.
That’s enough for the description. Let’s take a more practical look at our stylus.
Size, Dimensions & Weight
This stylus is very similar to a regular pen. Its dimensions are: 2.4 x 6.5 x 1.2 inches.
It weighs only 1.6. ounces and comes with three tips of the following sizes: 5 mm, 6mm and 7mm.
Multi-Tip Stylus for Fire phone comes with AmazonBasics 1-Year Limited Warranty (click to view it).
I’ve tested this stylus myself and asked people who use it for their opinions. These are the main advantages and opinions of happy customers:
- COMFORT OF USE. It’s like having a pen in hand, which makes it very easy and comfortable to use.
- CLEANESS. It leaves absolutely no smudges on the screen of your device.
- RESPOSIVE. Thanks to its rubber tips, Fire phone screen is very responsive to it.
- HANDY. The handy clip makes it easy to attach it to the cover (if you use one).
- GREAT QUALITY. It’s of a very good quality, has a nice feel and thickness to it.
- PRACTICAL. Three different tips make it really practical and comfortable to use.
Even though it’s overall a great product, one can find some minuses of it. I personally don’t see any disadvantages of this product, but some of you shared the following thoughts:
- NOT GREAT FOR DRAWING. You won’t draw a fine line using this stylus. But can you draw a fine line with your finger? 🙂
- NOT RECOMMENDED FOR NON-AMAZON DEVICES. Many people say that it doesn’t work as expected with other touch screen devices (like iPad Mini), but that shouldn’t worry you as we are dealing with Fire phone here only.
- WEARS OUT IF USED A LOT. It wears out quickly if you use it a lot (it lasts for a couple of months). I’ve not checked this as I am not its heavy user. However, even the best product in the world will wear out if it’s heavily used.
- LOOSE FITTING CAP/CLIP. The cap part (with the clip) doesn’t secure firmly to the base and tends to fall off. Many people lost their stylus (or its cap) because of its loose fitting cap/clip.
Its rating on Amazon is pretty high: 4.2/5 stars and 657 customer reviews, which makes is overall a good product.
$14.99 which is a lot, but I think the product is worth the price.
Final Thoughts On AmazonBasics Capacitive Stylus for Fire Phone
As the name suggests, AmazonBasics Capacitive Stylus is designed to work mainly with Amazon devices. That’s why if you are a Fire phone or Kindle Fire user, you are probably going to love it.
Thanks to its three different tips, the stylus will assist you in many different tasks (like writing, playing games, or simply navigating apps). Those with big fingers and who like to have clean smudge-free screen will love this even more. As with just about every product on Amazon, there are those who hate it and rate it one star.
Overall, I think it’s a great product and I recommend at least giving it a try.
I hope this review made it more clear for you whether this stylus for Fire phone will be right choice for you. If you already bought it and use it, please let me know how much you like it and what you think about. I would love to hear from you.
Other Reviews You Might Like: