How To Take Screenshot On Amazon Fire Phone
You probably noticed that in all of my tutorials there are lots of screenshots of my Fire phone. Without them it would be very hard for me to explain most of the stuff I am talking about.
Sometimes if you want to show something to your friend or acquaintance it’s best to take a screenshot and send it via e-mail so that the other person knows exactly what you are talking about.
In this short tutorial I will show you how to take a screenshot on Fire phone and how to manage these screenshot files later. Ready to start?
Taking Screenshot On Fire Phone Is Super Easy
Even though Fire phone is different from Android phones in many aspects, taking screenshot stays the same (a sigh of relief).
All you have to do is simultaneously press the Power button and the Volume Down button. If you do it correctly, you will hear a “click” and see a quick animation suggesting that the screenshot was taken and saved.
Once you do it, you will see the notice “Screenshot Captured” in the notification bar. Once you click it, you will see the most recent screenshots of your Fire phone.
Here is my video showing how I do it. Please don’t laugh at me because it was a bit hard to do it with one hand (in the right hand I am holding the camera). 😀
I very often fail to press them at one time and I either press only the power button (that locks my Fire) or the volume down (and mute my phone). Be careful with that (I had to shoot the video above several times before I did it correctly with one hand).
Managing Your Screenshots
Once you take a screenshot of your Fire phone, it will be saved to gallery (the folder named Screenshots). To view your screenshots on your Fire phone:
- Go to the app grid and open Photos.
- You will see the recent pictures or screenshots on top (depending on what is the most recent).
- If you want to share or delete a screenshot using your Fire phone, hold it for a few seconds. When a small menu pops up, choose Delete or Share depending on what you want to do. If you press Share, you will be able to share it via MMS, e-mail, Facebook, or other service.
To transfer screenshots to your computer:
- Connect your Fire phone to your PC via USB cable.
- Once your computer recognizes your device, open Fire.
- Go to Internal Storage > Pictures > Screenshots and transfer the files you want to your computer.
Your screenshots will be of the same resolution the screen of your Fire phone is, i.e.720 x 1280.
Click on the two example screenshot of my Fire phone to open it in full size.